First Presbyterian Christian Academy (FPCA) proudly welcomes international students from around the world to apply for grades 1 – 12. Over the years, we have hosted students from China, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, Japan, Korea, and Thailand. We love watching them immerse themselves into the culture and family here at First Presbyterian Christian Academy.
First Presbyterian Christian Academy is a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approved school. FPCA welcomes international students and is able to assist these students in obtaining and maintaining student visas while attending the school. School administration guides parents and sponsors of international students ensuring that they have the correct visa and have registered properly with the SEVP through the SEVIS database. Once officially enrolled at First Presbyterian Christian Academy, the school will help maintain the student’s SEVP status throughout enrollment and assist with making sure all forms are current with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). First Presbyterian Christian Academy is proud to accept international students by offering F1 visas.
- Academically motivated and successful
- Ready for full immersion classes taught in English (First Presbyterian Christian Academy does not offer ESL at this time)
- Willing to live with a host family
- Emotionally and socially mature
- Respectful of other world cultures and values
- Interested in participating in curricular and extracurricular activities
- Willing to participate in Bible courses yearly and weekly chapel services.
The following are required and MUST be submitted for your application to be considered complete:
- Enrollment application completed and turned in to the school office.
- References: international students will need two reference letters translated into English- one from current school and one for a character reference.
- Transcript: Submit the Transcript Request form to the student’s current school. Transcripts must be received in the student’s original language, translated into English, and be sent directly from the student’s school. Transcripts must be sealed.
- Current Grades: If a student is applying during the school year, he or she must provide a copy of the most current grade report in addition to the school transcript.
- English Proficiency Exam: All international students are required to prove their level of English proficiency by submitting scores from one of the following tests: TOEFL, ELTiS, or iTEP SLATE.
- Essay: International students are to write an essay describing their interests, strengths, personality, and explain their desire to attend First Presbyterian Christian Academy.
- Passport: Submit a copy of student’s passport.
- Parent Passport: Submit a copy of each parent’s passport. If parent does not have a passport, submit a clear photo of the parent.
- Photo: Submit a recent photo of the student.
- Immunization: Submit a copy of the student’s immunization record.
How to Proceed:
- International students must complete and turn in a completed application of enrollment to First Presbyterian Christian Academy. International students must supply First Presbyterian Christian Academy with the most recent transcript showing their academics (in original language and translated into English when possible).
- Once all paperwork is completed and turned in, international students will be eligible for school acceptance. All international students should have verbal and written abilities in the English language.
- An interview in person or via Skype with student and family.
- If accepted, international students are required to pay their tuition and fees up front for the semester. Tuition and fees are due prior to classes starting each semester (August and January).
Depending on the circumstances that the F1 Visa is granted, International Students may not be eligible to participate in Georgia Independent School Association competitions.
First Presbyterian Christian Academy looks forward to working with you and your family to pursue the possibility of you joining our school. Please contact Shannon Hickey via email or phone at 912.876.0441 if you need any assistance.
First Presbyterian Christian Academy is proud to partner with Youth for Understanding USA (YFU) and Jump the World to host exchange students from around the world. Each school year First Presbyterian Christian Academy hosts between two and six exchange students at the high school level and two to four middle school students. If your family is interested in the possibility of hosting one of these students or would like more information about this program, please contact Shannon Hickey at email@example.com or at (912) 876-0441.