Tax Credits for Improving Education
As a Georgia taxpayer, you can redirect some of your state income tax liability to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program through the Georgia Education Expense Tax Credit. The money is used to provide scholarships for students who are enrolling in a private school for the first time.
Maximum Tax Credit Limits
- Single individual or head of household – $1,000
- Married filing a joint return – $2,500
- Married filing a separate return – $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability